List of Races
- Rogue: Gets a damage bonus when attacking enemies from behind, large search radius.
- Kobold: Stats are calculated: level + per level + random x per level. Thus making the Kobold randomly terrible or good at a high level as a result of the Chaotic Learning ability. [source]
- Goblin: Has the highest movement and attack speeds; good for hit-and-run tactics.
- Orc: Highest attack, doesn't usually run away.
- Troll: Regenerates health, doesn't usually run away.
- Gnoll: Gets better loot from chests, more likely to find hearts from enemies.
- Drow: Infravision allowing sight in the dark and locating enemies, doesn't usually run away.
- Cactuar: Damage reflection when hit, doesn't usually run away.
- Nymph: Most active AI, has a chance of stealing enemy gear, very cowardly; retreats most often.
- Vampire: Steals life when it damages enemies, is Undead, doesn't usually run away.
- Werewolf: Never retreats from a battle, can turn others into werewolves, will get randomly stunned.
- Mimic: Steals the form (abilities) of the last thing it hit for a time, never retreats from a battle.
- Naga: Causes enemies to bleed when hit, doesn't usually run away.
- Gorgon: Causes enemies to be stunned often when hit, doesn't usually run away.
(All races below will never retreat from battle.)
- Umber Hulk: Can cause confusion in enemies.
- Golem: Very slow speed, very high defense.
- Banshee: Causes a fear attack, is Undead.
- Wraith: Will go through walls, is Undead.
- Mind Flayer: Can steal XP and therefore gain more of it.
- Rakshasa: Can cause Chaos.
- Balrog: Superior combat skills, a little slower in attack speed.
- Skeleton: Your default minion, weaker than Rogue stats-wise, bonus from attacking enemies from behind, large search radius.
- Husband: Has the exact same attributes and abilities as Rogue.
Note also that Undead races are unaffected by curses. As such, they are free to unequip and/or drop cursed items.
Race Stats Spreadsheet
A table of specific stats for each race can be found here.